Can you use the M-Audio EX P expression pedal with the roland juno ds88

Reaction score
Is this possible and if so does it allow the same amount of tweaking as the one Roland recommends and is there a special way it needs to be configured to work with this keyboard?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I believe "generic" expression pedals, such as the M-Audio pedal, should work okay with any synth, but you might want to wait for @happyrat1 to weigh in on this, as I believe he uses a similar pedal with his Juno-DS.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You can set the expression pedal polarity on the Juno DS so it should work in theory.

However I went ahead and bought a Roland EV 5 for my Juno DS and can say it is a perfect match for the keyboard.

If the EX P has similar spects to the EV 5 then it should work.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Careful with Roland. I’ve owned a VR-730 and the only expression pedal that worked with it, was Roland’s own EV-5 (I believe they even mention it on their site)...

Reaction score
But has anyone encountered any issues with the EV 5 pedal so far like silent Patches when switching from one Performance to another or other problems like that?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
When switching programs or performances, of course the effects settings will change. The actual voices will not cut out though.

Pretty much the same as when playing without the pedals.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question