Jupiter X as multi timbral sound module?

Reaction score
Anyone using the Jupiter X?

I see that scenes are made up to 4 parts and 1 drum, the scenes being the bad ass sounds, can you play multiple scenes using the Jupiter X as a multi timbral sound module? Via logic or cubase etc?

I cant find any literature on this, any help?

Reaction score
You can set a separate MIDI channel for each of the 4 parts, in which case you can use it as a 4-part multi-timbral sound sound module. Either way, though, it's only playing one Scene (set of 4 Parts) at a time, whether those parts are on the same or on different MIDI channels. At least that's my understanding, just from a quick check of the manuals. Roland just added VA synth models to the Fantom, so while that has a very different operational interface, that could be a way to have most of the Jupiter X sounds in more of a true multi-timbral environment.

Reaction score
You can set a separate MIDI channel for each of the 4 parts, in which case you can use it as a 4-part multi-timbral sound sound module. Either way, though, it's only playing one Scene (set of 4 Parts) at a time, whether those parts are on the same or on different MIDI channels. At least that's my understanding, just from a quick check of the manuals. Roland just added VA synth models to the Fantom, so while that has a very different operational interface, that could be a way to have most of the Jupiter X sounds in more of a true multi-timbral environment.
Thank you

Ask a Question