Keyboard for a show

Reaction score
Hi

I'm wondering what kind of keyboard would you sugest me for shows and not expensive one. I mean keyboards mainly reaching the sound of a standard piano and other effect.

Well, something that sounds good in show and not too expensive

thanx !

Elm

Reaction score
OK, we need a bit more information here - apart from what you're going to use it for: What's your budget? Do you want sounds other than a piano sound? What sort of length do you want (ie piano-sized or smaller)? Do you want weighted action or not? Do you want it to be portable?

Reaction score
Sorry Guys, I'm not used with keyboard. I only play piano.

The story is that I got a yamaha keybord as a present... a PSR 310... You know what I mean... not that great for serious shows.

I want introduce to my show (indie rock and folk) piano. Portable piano, so I thought of Keyboard. I'm looking for a sound like the one from a standard piano (something less than 88 keys, obsivously) And if possible, some effects. Mainly I want the sound of a piano: and portable one.

My budget, something between 300$ and 600$ CAN. Or its less than quality? I don't know anything about Keyboard

Thanx!!

Reaction score
ok, so....

im still somewhat confused as to what your show is. but you basically want a keyboard that is more portable than a piano but and has a decent piano sound, and if it had some other sounds also it would be nice?

ok well with your budget you are probably gonna want to go used. once and a while you can get a great deal on yamaha cp33s if you search craigslist and ebay like crazy ive seen them go for 500USD before. so its not out of the question but you may have to wait a few months to get that kinda deal. a yamaha p85 also may be an option their a bit cheaper.

but those are also both 88 keys.

can you clarify more on what your show is? what sounds you want to emulate? maybe what bands you want to sound like?

Reaction score
Piano

Ok:)

I'm alone on stage. My guitar and I'd like to add a keyboard to get the sound of a standard and grand piano. But I don't want that kind of keyboard hard to move but a portable one so I can fold the mount. The Yamaha I have is ridiculous in a sens that its for beginner. Are there any basic keyboards with only piano sound (or some other sound), perfect for stage and between 300 $and 600$

Am I clear or really blurry....

Reaction score
now you are clear :)

ok i would say find a used cp33. thats probably your best bet. if you search enough you can usually find one for around 500-600 bucks

Reaction score
Other options

Good advice posted already.

Another option - a new Yamaha NP-30. The piano sound is good - absolutely fine for gigging with.

Pros - inexpensive, very portable, 76 semi-weighted keys. Light enough to carry under one arm, fits across the back seat of a small car. Built in speakers - you can try out ideas/learn new tunes without having to set up a PA or a keyboard combo. Can run off batteries.

Cons - only a stereo headphone out. Wall wart power supply.

Other new options - have a look at the M-Audio site then read some user reviews.

A second hand Yamaha is still good advice.

Good luck.

Ask a Question