Keyboard for an overall use.

Reaction score
Hello Forum.

I'm a bass and guitar player since 5 years back and I've decided to expand my musical interrest to keyboards, and therefore I am going to buy one. I've played my other instruments for a couple of years now, so I'm quite picky about quality and such, but I'm still a student, so it should be a resonable price. The music I'm going to play varies from classical music to metal, so a broad variety of sound-inputs would be preferable. Which keyboard should I buy, and how broad tone-spectrum should it have (6-8 octaves is preferable because I'm going to partially play classical)?

Thanks in beforehand :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

5 octaves (61 notes C-C)
6 and a bit ocatves (76 notes) - think one of the Nords is 73 notes
7 octaves (88 notes C-C)

Metal - won't matter - no one will hear what you're playing anyway over the noise of the guitars, bass and drums.

Classical - what are we talking about - solo piano?

Reaction score
Yeah, how many should I get if I'm going to play classical (solo piano), and how much would you recommend me spending on it?

Reaction score
How much can you buy a Casio PX3 for where you are?

Post back if that's too much and I'll give you more suggestions.

The PX3 has a full 88 notes. You can play Bach era up to Mozart (ish) on a five octave one - 61 notes. It's pre piano (Mozart got to play a piano during his lifetime) - it's written for older instruments (e.g. harpsichord).

Reaction score
It's a bit much, it costs around 9000 Swedish Crowns (which is 1018 euro), which is a bit more than I can come up with. Anything below 4000-5000 Crowns if possible (450-560 euro)

Reaction score
Have a look at the new 'Flagship' of Casio WK 7500.
76 full, touch sensitive piano keys and a a lot of extra gadgets.
Most piano sounds are just great and you have a choice out of MANY.
Cost around 400 euro's and for that money a heck of a keyboard.
The Big 3, Yamaha, Korg and Roland don't come even near the same sort of stuff in this pricerange.

Dick

Reaction score

Ask a Question