Keyboard with a Light Guide

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a Yamaha Portatone PSR-230 CE - this model has lights which come on during the demos so you know what keys to press and learn tunes. I was wondering if it's possible to use MIDI to play tunes from another source? For example, could I use the output from my computer & MIDI in on my keyboard so these lights would light up when I play a song on Cubase or something. Or could I download MIDI files from the Internet and plug them into the cartridge slot? I checked the manual, but it doesn't say anything about this and since it's an old model I'm guessing it's unlikely.

If my keyboard isn't capable of this, or if you know of a keyboard that supports this feature, could you recommend me some models which would allow me to do this? I had a look at Skipp's "Which keyboard should I get" thread, and also did a couple of Google searches, but not had much luck. I figure there will be quite a few knowledgeable people on here that may be able to give a more directed and helpful answer. At least I hope so! Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

Ask a Question