Looking for.. the lightest semi-wieghted midi-keyboard

Reaction score
at 61 keys

currently I have M-audio Keystation 61 ES which is mostly fine with me, except its weight, which is 5 kilo for the keyboard itself. I really have an impression that there is no point for such mass with this exact functions and parameters.

What I would like to have is the same type of keyboard, but lighter. Preferably twice or more. The keys mechanics should be the same quality or better, not worse. Keystation has not the best semi-weighted keys, but they are playable. Some black keys are tougher than white keys and it does produce a lot of clacks and gride noises when played, that is what I dislike about it. But I can live with that, its just maybe (I hope) there could be an other option without all this flaws and a lot lighter in grab.

I am traveling a lot, so that is the reason why I want it.

Dont need any knobs though, only pitch and modwheel. Ipad will take care of everything else.

So.. any candidates folks? )

Reaction score
Hej Blackbyrd,
here I have a collection:

Korg microKEY 61 = 1,71 kg

M-Audio Oxygen 61 = 3,4 kg

M-Audio Keystation 61es = 4,0 kg

Reaction score
Korg is semi-wieghted? I highly dought it
Key station is 5 kilo not 4 and Oxygen.. well its not semi-wieghted either.
So.. you post wasnt really heplfull, sorry

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think Goldi missed the semi-weighted remark. "Bad Goldi! Bad!" :D

Anyway, the point is, you're not going to find any lighter controller that's semi weighted than your Keystation unless you trade down to a 49 key model (If they even make one).

The point is it's in the name itself. Semi-WEIGHTED. How do you expect to find a weighted keyboard that weighs next to nothing.

I think 5 KG is pretty much as good as you're gonna find.

Gary

Reaction score
I think Goldi missed the semi-weighted remark. "Bad Goldi! Bad!" :D

Yes Blackbyrd and Gary, you are partially right. I didn't know that it makes a difference between 'velocity touched' and 'velocity touched and semi-weighted'. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Ask a Question