Keys don't play the correct sound

Reaction score
I cannot play scales on my Yamaha YPG 635. The intervals between notes sound wrong. It sounds like C,C,D,E,F,E instead of C,D,E,F,G. I've tried the factory reset but with no change. My grandchildren (ages 9,7, and 5) like to play around with the exotic sound effects like car crash and submarine, and I have let them do this unsupervised, with headphones. Could it be that some function button is stuck?

Reaction score
check the manual for resetting the keyboard to equal temperment tuning. with them playing around with the keyboard they probably set it by accident to some odd tuning convention.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Check if the P A T buttton is on or stuck, if it is turn it off and try playing your keyboard.
Thank you. I have tried that, but it doesn't seem to turn off. The button must be stuck. Would I wreck anything by trying to pry the button up?

Reaction score
Sounds like the damage is already done, the services of a Tech Engineer is probably required.

I would ring a local Music Store and see if they can suggest anyone.

Why my Grandkids were younger they could use my keyboard if they did not push any buttons. I told them specifically, you push any button and you wiil be caught and (a) no desert (b) no more playing, ever on the keyboard.

Reaction score
You were very wise in setting those limits for your grandchildren. I wish I had done th same. thanks for your suggestions.

Ask a Question