New MM8 and G and C# keys don't play.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this happening? Just purchased a new MM8 for my son and none of the G or C# keys produce any sound. Besides that they keyboard seems to be working fine. Is it just defective or is there something else to it?

Reaction score
DickR, that is interesting because I did a search and found that there were several instances of Yamaha keyboard owners that had a similar issue.

Thanks,

Reaction score
NOT with new keyboards and not only Yamaha! It is a problem that occurs sometimes after years with older and heavily used keyboards. I did replace the contactstrips on a few keyboards over the years but if yours is new and it is what I think, it is a matter of 'bad' put together and end control of the product. Easily to correct however but no way I would fiddle around with it. Let your dealer handle the problem to keep you warranty.

Reaction score
I have a nearly identical problem with my several-year-old DGX 300. The top 3 D and A# keys just stopped working.

Since I'm not under warranty, I could really use detailed information about repairing a contact strip, and/or how much it costs for service.

Reaction score
I advice you to go to PSRTUTORIAL.COM a dedicated Yamahaforum with a lot of very helpful people. You can search for 'how to change a contactstrip' however it is a vey good article with pictures but for a PSR3000. I am not familiar with your keyboard so I can't be of any further help.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, PSRTutorialForum won't let me register a new account, and says to contact an administrator, but there's no Contact button or email address.

Reaction score
So I ended up taking the MM8 to the closest authorized Yamaha repair shop and it was about $190 to fix the leads that had come loose and caused the issue.

Reaction score
I have the same problem..my psr i455 is 3 months old and the next day the problem automatically solved and this may be due to moisture.
No worry about that.

Ask a Question