KORG TR vs KORG M 50

Reaction score
Hi can anybody tell which one is better between M-50 and Korg TR workstation in terms of quality of voice ,number of styles and with some new recording features??

Reaction score
Why you should get the M50: Better-quality sounds (although the TR's aren't that far behind, in my opinion), 16 timbres in a combi instead of 8 (although you'll just hit the polyphony count sooner if you're not careful), more simulatenous effects (5 insert effects, compared to 1), a newer sound engine, and more space to store your own presets.

Why you should get the TR: You can buy a sampling upgrade, you can install up to 64 MB of RAM for sample playback, the TR has aftertouch, the TR has extra audio outputs (which bypass the master effects; you might want an external effects processor with the TR), more free and commercial presets are available.

Basically, if you're looking for an out-of-the-box solution and can live without aftertouch and with the audio samples on the board itself, definitely go with the M50. If you want sampling or even sample playback or need aftertouch, save up for the M3 or go with the TR.

Reaction score
Sure do. The KC-150 has 4 channels, but one works as a monitor channel (so it's not sent on the line out). I use two mono outputs each from the TR and Nord Stage, so I can mix two sounds/groups of sounds from each individually, which takes too long to adjust on the fly with the Korg and is just easier with a mixer on the Nord.

I could run the mixer into a DI first and then back to my amp, but I usually play at church where the DI box itself is farther away from my amp, while I keep the mixer sitting right on top of the amp. Rather use a 3' patch cord and then a longer one than two longer ones to route through the DI.

Reaction score
Sure do. The KC-150 has 4 channels, but one works as a monitor channel (so it's not sent on the line out). I use two mono outputs each from the TR and Nord Stage, so I can mix two sounds/groups of sounds from each individually, which takes too long to adjust on the fly with the Korg and is just easier with a mixer on the Nord.
I just tested this way of hook up on my Fender KXR-200 with small Behringer mixer and it's pretty cool. I use the EQ on the amp as a main EQ and then EQ my other Boards individually on the mixer :) I got it sounding really crisp :)

Reaction score
I was leaning towards M50 (88-key variety), but couldn't pass up the closeout price on the TR88 ($950). I mean, the M50 is a bit nicer, but not $800 nicer (IMO).

Ask a Question