Kurtzweil Mark 5 Malfunction.

Reaction score
I have had this for almost 20 years and bought new. It has a crummy key action but it still served its purpose. ( I could practice without bothering neighbor with my real piano.
This morning I turned it on and it functioned properly. This afternoon I turned it on, but all the lights on the panel came on and stayed on. If I selected "piano", or whatever, all the lights remained on. Of course, no sound comes out. I turned the power off for about a minute...it wouldn't reset. I unplugged the power supply from the back, again for about a minute, and when turned it back on, nothing changed.
Is this repairable or is it simply dead?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Before you do that though, try removing the internal connectors and squirting them with contact cleaner and then reseating them.

Dirty contacts are a common problem in Kurzweils.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Before you do that though, try removing the internal connectors and squirting them with contact cleaner and then reseating them.

Dirty contacts are a common problem in Kurzweils.

Gary ;)
Thanks again. I will let my friend do that as I am technically challenged.:(

Ask a Question