Live performance configuration

Reaction score
We play at church 4 gigs a week. We had 4 keyboards.. Roland RD300 Yamaha Motif Korg Triton, Yamaha S90... 2 of the keyboard was stollen about a Year ago. Due to church budget.. we are not able to get replacement.

We have about 5 Keyboardist serving at different times. They are all nice ladies.. who are also MIDI phonic.. They want to just most player plug and play. I have been kindly suggesting that solution is not to buy more keyboard but make use of full functionality of modern keyboard and you can create versetile for performance.

In the main service we have 2 keyboardist wanting to play double desk keyboard. Mainly it is Piano or EP on 88 S-90 and Motif 61 for pads and brass.. (They really need may be only 4 - 5 patch) and the other gal has Yamaha M08 and we just bought a Korg KROME..(which I thought was not worth it.

I am the guitarist. But I had my hands on keyboard long time ago. I really think that with only 1 keyboard. they can accomplish what we need for performance. I want to help them set up. with MutilTimbre and Multib[le out on these modern keyboard, use 1 keyboard for 2 sounds.

I want to start with Yamaha S90 for Basic EP/Piano Sound and Pad and Strings. S90 has an assignably
output in addition to main L/R.. I know it is possible ... but what would be best way to have Piano/EP only in main L/R output.. and Pads and Strings on Assinabel Outputs.. and use expression pedal to control what patch it is going our.. or mix..

Can you advise me in step by step on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Gene

Since you have a Motif, and the S-90 is, in all reality, also a member of the Motif line (same sound engine and sounds), you might want to try posting your questions over on the motifator.com forum, as that is where all of the Motif gurus hang out. I think you might get a quicker, more accurate, more detailed answer over there. If your S-90 is exactly that, then it has the original Motif sound engine and sounds (wave samples). If it is an S-90ES, then it has the Motif ES sound engine and sounds, and if it is an S-90XS, then is has the Motif XS sound engine and sounds.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the simplest way to achieve what you want to do is a keyboard split? As very happy Krome owner I can tell you it's entirely possible to run multiple patches during one song, with very minimal button pressing along the way. Without any specific Yamaha expertise, I'm still quite certain your Yamaha 'boards would be exactly the same.

Ask a Question