Looking for up to date MIDI guide

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm just looking to learn as much as I possibly can about MIDI. Having used a sequencer on both my computer and my Fantom G8, and having connected my Fantom and Korg X50 via MIDI cables, I have some limited knowledge of how it works. Can anyone point me towards a good MIDI guide that's up to date? I've done a bit of looking around, but everything I find seems to be fairly old. I just want to make sure that the information I'd be studying would be current with today's standards. If you have any recommendations, please send them my way! Thanks! :D

Reaction score
It doesn't matter that all your information is quite old - the General MIDI standard has not changed since it was introduced in 1982! The sequencing software, on the other hand has come on in leaps and bounds, and that's where you'll need some more modern texts. I don't know the one you've suggested, but it seems to cover everything you need very well. If you do buy it, let use know what you think!

Ask a Question