MIDI Input problem

Reaction score
Hey there all!

I'm the new one!

And a bloody beginner too!!

So here is my problem..:
The keyboard I purchased is a LP-6210C. I use Yousician to learn and it works quite well actually, but I dont want to use my phones speakers.
So I connected the USB-B port with and USB-B to USB-A cable and the cable with a lightning adapter to connect it to my iPhone. The app recongnizes a MIDI input, but not the keys. I already tried talking with the support but that didn't help at all.

Maybe someone here knows what to do!?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
When you say "a lightning adapter," do you mean the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, or something else? As far as I know, you must use the Camera Adapter.

If you're using the correct adapter, then the problem might be with the USB cable.

Many keyboards require the use of a USB 1.1 or USB 2 cable; a USB 3 cable will not work. Check the manual for your keyboard to see if it says anything about which version(s) of USB cable can be used.

Additionally, the USB cable should not be too long, otherwise there can be problems with the data not being sent and received properly. Check the manual for your keyboard to see if it says anything about the maximum length of USB cable that should be used. Shorter is better.

Aside from those two details, USB cables-- as well as other cables-- can become damaged from being coiled for storage, as coiling and uncoiling a cable can cause the wires inside it to bend and break. Check the USB cable with another device to see if it's working properly.

Reaction score
Welcome.

If you still have problems after following Michael’s suggestions then try loading Garage Band (its free) and another piano learning app just to see if the keyboard works with other Apps.

Reaction score
When you say "a lightning adapter," do you mean the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, or something else? As far as I know, you must use the Camera Adapter.
Yes, its a Apple Lightning to USB camera. I dont think its the USB cable though, the keyboard came with it and the app recongnizes the setup, it just doesnt register the keys being played.
Thank you for the suggestions! I will look up the manual and see if it works with Garage Band.

EDIT: Doesnt work with garage band.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Okay, if it recognizes that the keyboard is attached but isn't registering the notes you're playing, it might be due to the MIDI channel that the keyboard is sending on.

Edit-- Or there might be some other MIDI-related setting that needs to be changed on the keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I don't see anything in the manual about MIDI settings, so I don't think you have any control over which parts are sent over which MIDI channels. It might just be a matter of selecting the keyboard as the desired MIDI IN device on a MIDI track within the software.

Ask a Question