Midi input question, to Integra 7 sound module

Bud

Reaction score
I have a set up with : Casio controller kybd with usb B out to usb A into a Dore Midi usb host box, to convert to 5 pin midi, to go to sound module ( Roland Integra 7 ). Works well.
I want to add a second keybd /controller W/ usb midi out. But Dore has only one usb A input. Can I just use a standard multi usb A 3in, 1 out splitter to use the 2nd kybd , or , as someone told me, that type of splitter will,not transmit midi . True ? Is there another way, ie a two input Dore host unit, or something else ?
The Integra has 8 audio out, so I’m hoping to project 2 sounds via two midi channels ., with separate audio outs . Hoping for simple solution. Thx for any answer.
Bud

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Buy a better (ie. More expensive) USB-MIDI Host with the proper number or more of input ports like the Sipario with proper MIDI routing ability.

Or get a 2nd DOREMI for the second controller and daisy chain the MIDI output to the Integra.

This is your cheapest solution.

There is no such thing as a "USB Splitter." You are confusing it with a USB Hub which does not have the standalone logic to route a USB stream. Unless you want to add a computer to the mix a dumb hub will not "merge" USB streams on its own.

Fortunately, the MIDI protocol does have routing logic and networking built into the system itself.. Just assign each DOREMI it's own channel and you should be good to go.

Bud

Reaction score
Hey thx for the answer. Makes it clear .
I plan to do the 2nd Doremi, or…(better, less wires/boxes) get the 2nd kybd with a 5 pin midi …ie Novaton Mk3 49. ,and do the daisy chain.
I figure kybd 1 into doremi midi host (usb A), kybd 2 into doremi 5 pin midi in, then 5 pin out to Integra.
Hope it works

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I make it a point not to buy any modern instrument which doesn't support old fashioned DIN MIDI.

The connectivity advantages are exponentially more flexible in any case and i refuse to support any keyboard manufacturer that drops the ports to save a few lousy bucks.,

;)

Bud

Reaction score
I make it a point not to buy any modern instrument which doesn't support old fashioned DIN MIDI.

The connectivity advantages are exponentially more flexible in any case and i refuse to support any keyboard manufacturer that drops the ports to save a few lousy bucks.,

;)
[/QUOte

Bud

Reaction score

;)
Thx for pursuing issue.
I agree, 5 pin always better.
My set up is unique (crazy) with a narrow 88 casio inside an uptight piano. Ie, no riom for connections protruding from rear. I ‘m using a rh usb B connector, with usb A cable to Dore. Works . ( until connector breaks ) . Also have a couple of small kybds for midi input to daw, in hotel rooms…both have mini usb out . Works, but not abuse worthy.
But…agreed, 5 pin is best .
Bud

Bud

Reaction score
Thx for pursuing issue.
I agree, 5 pin always better.
My set up is unique (crazy) with a narrow 88 casio inside an uptight piano. Ie, no riom for connections protruding from rear. I ‘m using a rh usb B connector, with usb A cable to Dore. Works . ( until connector breaks ) . Also have a couple of small kybds for midi input to daw, in hotel rooms…both have mini usb out . Works, but not abuse worthy.
But…agreed, 5 pin is best .
Bud

Ask a Question