MIDI keyboard + software arranger

ak.

Reaction score
Hello to all the users of keyboardforums.com!

I am looking for some software that can act as a real-time arranger.

My idea is to use a MIDI keyboard and this software arranger instead of a normal standalone arranger keyboard.
(I want to have dynamically changing accompaniament by playing chord sequences by my left hand)

The problem is that I can't find any reasonable software solution for this. So far I've found the list of such software:
Midi Accompaniment & Style Software - Synth Zone
but practically all of them are crappy and/or look like Windows 3.11 programs.
The best soft I've found so far is: Band in a Box and Jammer Live, but I am looking for a more professional software.

It's confusing that I can't find such functionality in products like Ableton Live, Sonar, Cubase, FL Studio or products from Native Instruments

Is the idea of software arrangers so bad?

Any help much appreciated.
Adam

Reaction score
NI doesn't make hosts, and those other products are intended to be DAWs, not arrangers. I suspect that a lot of people are either using loops (particularly drum loops) or just playing the parts themselves, and so they don't need to make use of a software arranger, but from all I know of it, it does seem to be a hole in the market.

Reaction score
I use Casio WK 6500. It plays well midi files from SF card. While playing I can change the settings via mixer ( for instance turn off some instruments) .
Does anyone know how can I save the changes on the keyboard or card ( without taking out the card and putting it on the PC)

Mayo

dan

Reaction score
Yes, there is a pro software arranger called vArranger http://www.varranger.com
You can plug your midi instrument, your midi sound module, load any Yamaha and Ketron styles, and play realtime like on an arranger Keyboard

Reaction score
Hello Mayo and Dan. This is an old thread.

Mayo - maybe start your own as it's different to what the original poster was asking.

Dan - welcome to the forum.

dan

Reaction score
Thank you :)

I didn't present myself, but I am the creator of the vArranger software

If someone have questions, let me know

Regards,

Dan

Reaction score
Hi! Watching youtube on Yamaha Genos last time {PSR-S670 have quite the same options for midi though 10 times cheaper!) i find those . Do vArranger2 intend to have them? (or already have)
1. Playing style with velocity adjustment (create nuances of elements based on force chords are pressed)
2. Chord Switching (Different riffs based on chord type pressed)
3. Adjusting Trill speed/type for melody. (selective note activation - say press two keys together). [Yamaha can activate harmonies, etc based on velocity or pressure?].
4. 4 split points. Arr. Lo, Up1/2, Up3.
5. Style Morphing (Mix elements of different styles) live (Roland and Yamaha)
6. Style Progression (Like in Roland EM2000 series) [Playing Drums with muted elements - increasing complexity -Genos don't have this]
7. Fine/coarse Tempo adjustment with a pedal (Add nuances in live play - retardendo, etc)
8. Connect an organ foot pedal keyboard [or many different controllers simultaneously] to play drums (and record/quantize/loop, etc) or bass...
9. Control on/off + volume of style elements with multiple pedals (switches and continuous controllers) to simulate a real song structure. E.g start with Main A with only say ride cymbals light + bass notes [controlled with tempo pedal] in an accapella part with a singer; then tempo reset to original; snare entering on drums; add reverb on snare/hi-hat/etc; then cymbals intensity increase; sync stop. Song breaks; before full beat starts: trigger some live drums drops or a short live part [say brass fall]; then full band; pressing pedals move to different keyboard setup/registration memory/other 'main' parts/etc.

i haven't seen on youtube (maybe i didn't search well), recreating an exact 'record' performance [ as in the arrangements in the original song] using an {virtual} arranger keyboard . Putting all elements ALL at once sounds clumsy sometimes and does not reflect a REAL band playing with for e.g some smart soloing of bass, live solo drums [no high end keyboard have a drum pad for that yet Pa4x/Genos/etc] to overlay style in say a minimal mode,.

I fear to ask for MultiPad, as i think it is beyond the possibility of the other vArrangers like OneManBand and RMCA. To me, this functionality MAKES the real heart of a keyboard. [Yamaha now supports different time signature for style and pads (loops) e.g 6/8 with 4/4.

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer if possible. But no hurry! Music is just a far out escape for me when reading science has clogged my neurons...

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Please start a new post if you jave something to say rather than open old postes from 10 years ago. Regards, Don

Ask a Question