Mixer help

Reaction score
One mixer is for going out to different churches and one is to stay in my church
When Im outout playing (I need 2 mics, one guitar and 2 keyboards)
At church (2 to 3 keyboards)
Models Im thinking about;

Unless you guys have a better suggestion these are in my price ranges

Yamaha MG10XU
&
Mackie ProFX8v2 8-channel Mixer
Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Mixer
Mackie ProFX10v3 6 Channel Mixer ( all in the same price range which one is the best.Im not a Mackie expert?)

Reaction score
Honestly they all look like they’d do the job ok to me. Probably just a case of reading the manuals and comparing features.

I own five mixers of various shapes, sizes and price ranges (how did that happen?) and none of them have ever let me down. I’m sure those Yamaha and Mackie ones are fine, too.

Reaction score
The ProFX8 does get a good set of reviews.

Why not get two of the same model?

I use a Behringer 1002B which is 10 channels, far cheaper than the Mackies but no doubt not as durable long term but it could be worth looking at for your on the road mixer, bonus with it is that it can be battery powered.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Yamaha gear in general but I do own one of their 16 channel mixers and the background noise levels are imperceptable. It's a quality mixer with a solid design and no issues here other than that the built in USB soundcard only works with windows and mac. It's not USB MIDI class compliant like so much of their gear.

If you can live with that then I say go for the Yamaha.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Alto ZMX862. The big advantage is that it has 'gains' on all of the channels and a 3 band EQ. Most mixers either are missing the 3 band EQ on all channels or are missing the gains on all of the channels. This model is one of the few that has both. two mic channels and 4 instruments; should meet all of your needs.

Ask a Question