Mixer

Reaction score
Below is my Behringer 1002B mixer

B5A8AE93-67DC-4173-AFA2-18A0AEBC748B.jpeg

If needed it can be battery powered, it is low noise, eq on each input, phantom power and balanced input on 5 channels.

I find the line out from the iPad feeding into the mixer particularly useful to watch and listen to tutorials etc whilst sat at the keyboard.

As you can see through my labelling I have a variety of instruments feeding into it and mostly use the headphone output but if I want to annoy my Wife then the mixer feeds a pair of Monitor Speakers.

Overall a very useful addition to my small home studio setup.

Of course another useful accessory is the Dust Cover, essential to minimise dust from clogging up the sliders.

9565C313-440C-466F-9014-56D115BFC0A2.jpeg

Reaction score
I own five keyboard mixers, but the two I currently am using are:

1. Ashly LX308B (for my big rig)

1582697594848.png

I've had this guy for a few years now. It can take 8 stereo inputs (I've used up to 5 simultaneously at gigs). It's super quiet. I used to use an Alesis Multimix 8 line which did the same thing but added a lot of hum and buzz to my rig. The only downside of this mixer is it does not have an effects loop. It also does not have the facility to monitor in stereo but that doesn't worry me as I only ever monitor in mono.

2. Radial Key Largo (for my small rig)

1582697826306.png

Just acquired this little fella (pre-loved) and it's played a total of two gigs with me. This is a very clever thing indeed, it's a combined mixer and DI box. Has cleaned up my small rig considerably just by not having to handle the mixer and DI tasks seprately, along with associated cabling.

Doesn't run quite as hot as the Ashly which took a bit of getting used to, but again it's super quiet and does contain the effects loop and ability to monitor in stereo that the Ashly lacks. Can handle up to three stereo inputs. What's great about it is it's so small I can just velcro it to the top of my keyboard and all the controls are within easy reach.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I use one of these in my home studio.

This is the only piece of Yamaha Gear I own and even it's not fully class compliant hence I am unable to use the built in USB with Linux. :p

It is, however, well made and runs without any additional noise.

Yamaha-MG16XU.jpg

And one of these in my living room setup.

61WBeQl90AL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61eW4u5a8PL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sorry to digress but please HELP...what is the difference between MG 10 XU and MG 10 XUF mixers apart from skide and knobs at bottom? Am looking for a quieter mixer (currently using pmp 1000) and just come across refurbished XUF and havent got the slightest clue, please

Reaction score
Sorry to digress but please HELP...what is the difference between MG 10 XU and MG 10 XUF mixers apart from skide and knobs at bottom? Am looking for a quieter mixer (currently using pmp 1000) and just come across refurbished XUF and havent got the slightest clue, please

Geez, took me all of 5 seconds....

Reaction score
Thank you Dave

Had already seen that post but being inexperienced as I am in mixers, I thought I was missing out on something because all the site points out as the difference is that one has knobs where the xuf has sliders.

Again, thank you.
You missed this: "..The Yamaha MG10XUF features a built-in USB audio interface which enables you to record directly to your computer and playback 24-bit/192kHz audio.."

Ask a Question