Modular Synth Forum?

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Are there any good forums about modular synths out there? I know about modulargrid.net, and the forum is pretty quiet.

Basically, my first question would be about the options for a single module starter unit. From what I can tell, the options that include MIDI to CV conversion are:
  • Moog Mother-32
  • Roland System-1m
  • Soundmachines Modulör114
  • Lifeforms SV-1
What I'm looking for is a forum where I can get some sort of feedback as to the strengths and weaknesses of each of these, as well as how well behaved they are in a bigger Eurorack system. But I can't find an active forum to ask the question.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There's the forum for Keyboard magazine (http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18/1/The_Keyboard_Corner). The forum seems to consist of mostly professional keyboardists, and they talk about all sorts of instruments-- analog synths, digital synths, soft synths, electric pianos, acoustic pianos, organs, etc. If you ask your question there, you'll probably get a few opinions and recommendations.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I'm having a problem registering on that forum. And the email I sent to the forum administrator just got bounced.

I'm just having a bad day, apparently.

Ask a Question