Moog Little Phatty Question

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the LP is capable of polyphony in USB mode controlling a VSTi in a DAW? I'm assuming it can, but my Google-Fu is weak, and I can't seem to find the answer.

It'll be the deciding factor on whether I throw down the cash for it or not.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Found this on the web:
"While the LP is a monophonic instrument, it's still capable of sending polyphonic note data. This means you can use your incredible analog monophonic synthesizer as a simple MIDI controller if you'd like."
More research is recommended though.

Reaction score
I assumed it was possible, but this will be my first 'real' synth purchase and I want to make sure that I get everything I need out of the unit I buy. The only other real options in my budget are the Gaia and the Ultranova and the Moog just sounds so much better IMO. As long as I can access my VSTi's via the USB cable, then I'll be all set for recording. Hopefully a LP owner will chime in here and give me the definitive answer. Thanks for looking that up though, I couldn't find the answer when I searched.

Reaction score
I've owned some Moogs in the past and they do have a fat sound. But, since most keyboards these days are workstation oriented, I'm not too sure how well the LP would actually work for controlling VSTI's. I personally would be looking for something else for a VSTI controller and using the LP for cooking up some killer bass or lead patches for live play.
I am also a member of some other forums, and there is one forum in particular that is sponsored by Keyboard Magazine which has a very large member base. With all respect for this forum, it's sponsor and members , we probably don't cover as much territory here as they do in that forum. The LP seems to be held in high esteem by a number of their members, so someone should be able to give you first hand guidance. Just Google on the related key words to find that forum. Just be sure to read the rules and to introduce yourself. Don

Reaction score
Hopefully a LP owner will chime in here and give me the definitive answer. Thanks for looking that up though, I couldn't find the answer when I searched.

Ask a Question