My Newest Rig Tour

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Seriously Paul. Who mixed the audio for this video?

Hand him his walking papers ASAP!!!

I spent more time lunging for the remote control than watching the video.

Respectfully yours,

King of the knobs... :D :D

Gary G. ;)

Reaction score
Ah yes Gary, that’s because you’re hearing the on stage sound (from side of stage), not what the audience hears at FOH. It’s not “mixed” as such, just a collection of what our various wedges are pumping out.

Each musician will hear something slightly different. For example I have zero rhythm and very little lead guitar in my monitor, but lots of myself. If an audience member heard what I hear, they’d probably walk out! But it’s perfect for helping me play accurately.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You should have recorded the entire interview on a multitrack recorder to allow for some normalization of the audio before mastering the film.

Reaction score
You should have recorded the entire interview on a multitrack recorder to allow for some normalization of the audio before mastering the film.
Haha no mate.

Firstly - I don’t set up the recording. That video was taken quickly between sound check and dinner break by David, owner of the podcast. I think he did a fine job considering the time constraints he had to work with. For me, as the subject, to insist on high definition sound and multitrack recordings for such a short interview would be egotistical and unreasonable, in my opinion.

Secondly - It’s not meant to be a music video. It’s a rig run down. The audio is just so you can hear me explaining how everything works. Everything else is context so you can see it in action.

I’m sorry it’s displeased you my friend - my band has any number of multitrack recordings you can watch on social media if that’s your preference.

I can report that some others do find this kind of thing quite interesting. But we all like different stuff, that’s what makes the world great (most of the time).

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
That rig run down was fascinating!
Explaining the way it is done was an eye opener for me. Magnificent! What a talent you have.
Your timing on stage would be a challenge I am sure, but you do it with ease and comfort.

Those sounds bring back a recent memory of your Melbourne show last month.
Sound is superb and exciting coming out of me woofers. Awesome!

Lots of wires and leads under your KK Paul. Don't trip LOL!!

cheers
R

Reaction score
That rig run down was fascinating!
Explaining the way it is done was an eye opener for me. Magnificent! What a talent you have.
Your timing on stage would be a challenge I am sure, but you do it with ease and comfort.

Those sounds bring back a recent memory of your Melbourne show last month.
Sound is superb and exciting coming out of me woofers. Awesome!

Lots of wires and leads under your KK Paul. Don't trip LOL!!

cheers
R

Thanks Ray!

Yeah my floor level cable management is embarrassing. I recently changed my configuration and had to get longer cables. I got them too long…

Ask a Question