Need help: to get Casio WK8000 or WK6500 [both same price]

Reaction score
Hi there,
Nice to meet you all
i'm new to the forums..
hopefully you all can help me...

i think of purchasing a Casio keyboard but i'm not sure which to get..

for the same price.. which is more worth it...
The WK8000 or the WK6500

i know WK8000 is a pretty old model but its a studio grade i suppose? [88keys]

so i'm currently stuck at this point... i hope someone can help me on this...

i am going for music composing linking to a computer**

Thanks...

Reaction score
That's a rough call to make. I'm only somewhat familiar with the WK-6500 from creating an instrument-definition file for it, and reading its manual. And then looking at the specs of the WK-8000 online ... it too is very similar in features. Considering how much that they charge for each extra octave of keys for keyboards, if octave range is important to you then that would be a huge deciding factor. If not, then newer might be better. (This is so often not the case these days. But the newer boards use newer sound samples in them I think.) Consider too the increase polyphony of the newer boards from 32 to 48 between these models. Not a huge gap, but it can make a difference with layered tones, use of accompaniment, and how complex your own playing is--less dropped notes.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. In a close-draw like this one you'd have to run into someone who actually has used both keyboards to know if there are more important differences than just specs, or if you yourself can check them side-by-side in real life.

Have you downloaded the user's manuals to both models and read them through thoroughly? That's always a good start.

Reaction score
havent read yet... but great advice [will do it soon]

for hands-on
but what i noticed is the sound of WK6500 is more realistic...the speakers really kick
on the down sides its lacking the 88 key and the pedal comparing to the WK8000...

but the guy in the shop is practically trying to sell the WK8000 [old stock] = = sighs...

Ask a Question