New firmware! Juno DS

Reaction score
This is very cool!

Ver.2.00 ] MAR 2018
Functionality Improvements
  • When recalling a Favorite, Program Change and Bank Select MIDI messages are now sent.
  • MIDI note messages can now be output using phrase pads.
  • In the Wave Group parameter for patch or drum-kit editing, user-samples and multi-samples are now selectable.
  • Octave shift is now available when in the DAW control mode.
  • The pad level-meter display conditions have been changed.
  • The user memory space has been enlarged.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
They also released a new piece of software called Tone Manager which may allow you to mix and match the expansion pack voices.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't have a windows computer in my living room where the Juno is but I merely assumed the software gives you the ability to load and save individual patches to and from the Juno and the ability to manipulate the expansion pack patches as well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It does. But I don't see a way to load more than 1 expansion. I will keep playing with it. It said they increased the user memory allwed space but I don't think they changed the 1 exp at a time limitation.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What I was referring to was the fact that many people requested the ability to take patches from different expansion packs and create their own custom expansions containing multiple patches from different packages.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yeah. We are talking about the same thing. The patches rely on a set of underlying samples. The builtin ones and the one at a time expansion.

I tried really hard to make a patch with exp library 1. Save it to user space. Load exp 2. Try to load patch again and it won't since underlying samples are no longer in keyboard.

The key is if Roland allowed more than 1 expansion at a time. It would be great if you could remove samples you weren't using individually but you can't. It should be noted to those following this that a single sample has multiple versions to sound good across the keyboard. And each sample is used for several patches not just one. That shared efficiency is why the the patch does not save its sample data with each patch.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So there's no way to isolate the expansion pack samples for a particular patch and save them separately? Even with the new multisample capabilities of the 2.00 firmware?

Bummer.

Thanks for explaining it though.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question