New here...

Reaction score
Hi!
New here... I have a degree in music & have played piano in churches, choirs, as an accompanist etc. I have been SINGING in bands since I was in high school, but have only recently (within the past 10 years) started playing keys in some bands. I teach piano & voice lessons, and play church music for a living.

I've now been playing with some Grateful Dead & classic rock/ jam bands, & I've been using single keyboard set-ups for the most part...starting with cheap yamaha psr units & working my way up through some decent stage/digital piano models, most recently playing a Casio Privia through a Roland kb amp.

I really know NOTHING about gear & midi & set ups etc, but am now playing in some better situations & need a more "pro band" rig. Of course, I'm doing this NOW in my mid 40's, so I'm looking for gear that is not too heavy to lift. (several medical issues have left me without the strength that I had in my 20's. LOL). I recently got myself a small midi controller keyboard, and am now looking for the right module/s to go with that board. I still only need one board, but will step up to more if I need to. I'm looking for good suggestions of models to look at... I'd prefer something that is a few model years old, so I can get it used, & for a little less $ than new. I need it to be very user friendly (I'm an admitted technophobe)...I need some decent grand piano sounds, some good vintage sounds & some good organ sounds. Other than that it's all gravy, I guess...

So any helpful hints & suggestions? I'm open to read them!

Thanks in advance!!!

Ducky Deb

The Y_man

Reaction score
Welcome Ducky - you can always try some VSTi (Virtual Synths) on your laptop/pc to explore the concept.

Basicly, connect your midi controller ot the computer, and let the computer be the synth module.

The Y-man

Ask a Question