New member with some questions

Reaction score
Hi, first of all I'd like to say I'm kinda new to the piano. I've always liked the "Final Fantasy" music since I was a little kid, and I've learned "Tina", "Zanarkand" and "Aeris' theme" over the past 5-6 months. I never dared to start the piano when I was little because I was afraid what the others might think or say, cos it was all about sports etc you know.

Now that I'm 22, I regret that so much. I studied music this year, and the inspiration to all kinds of music just struck me. Choir, rap, singing, beatbox, piano, drums, guitar and so on.

After watching "KyleLandry" at youtube, my first thoughts were that I've got to get that stage/el-piano. He's playing a Yahama P-120, and on tuesday, I went out to search for it. The guy in the store told me p-120 wasn't produced anymore, so I tried many other different ones. I'd say the best result of that day (only got to try like 6-7 different pianos) was the Roland FP-7F. So actually the last week, the only thing I've been doing is searching all over the internet for different pianos, comparison, forums, articles and you name it.

I think the conclusion is that it stands between Roland FP-7F, Yamaha P-120 (used), RD-700/300 gx/nx/sx?, Cp-1?. I've seen some mentioning some of NordStage's Ex samples or something, but I think that's out of my price range. I've also tried a Korg SV-1, but I didn't like the touch and the sound of it. I search for the most realistic and natural acoustic piano feeling.

Hope you guys can help me or come up with some good experiences/advices.
Greetings from Norway. (Excuse my bad english)

Reaction score
Hello there across the North Sea.

If you've played the Roland, like it and the price is ok for you - go for it - and get practising.

Welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to say that it's Final Fantasy music that's encouraged me to get back into playing (although for me it's because I've only just discovered FF8 (after FF7 was my favourite game of all time for over ten years!).

Andy

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to say that it's Final Fantasy music that's encouraged me to get back into playing (although for me it's because I've only just discovered FF8 (after FF7 was my favourite game of all time for over ten years!).

Andy

Honestly, I don't feel the piano collections to ffviii as much as I do with ffvi - ffvii and some of IX.. But yes, indeed.. Since 1997, I've been in love with the soundtracks =)

Reaction score
Hello there across the North Sea.

If you've played the Roland, like it and the price is ok for you - go for it - and get practising.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you! Bought the Roland FP-7F White =) Love it!

Ask a Question