New practice keyboard

Reaction score
I picked this up used at a music store yesterday for $50.00 out the door. I needed something at home during the week to practice on so I don't have to unpack one of the Roland's and set up a practice amp etc. Plus it can go with me on the weekends so I can work on stuff in the hotel room during the day.

psr.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I use an M-Audio Oxygen 49 hooked up to my laptop for more or less the same thing.

I also use a mini Casio SA-76 that can go absolutely everywhere with me.

They're both pieces of crap but like you said, it's not always practical to hit the studio whenever inspiration hits :)

Gary ;)

casio-sa-76.jpg

oxygen49.jpg

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The keys really aren't all that much smaller than standard. Less than a quarter inch narrower. You get used to switching back and forth and it feels natural once you're going at full steam.

Most of the sounds are pretty cheezy but it is an evenly tempered musical scale and for ear training that's all you need.

And you'll feel like a giant when you span two octaves with a normal sized hand the first time :D

Upshot is you get used to it pretty quickly as well as switching back and forth with practice.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, if you end up getting an SA-76, you won't really need the optional AC adapter.

The board is incredibly power efficient and I've been running the same set of AA Alkalines in there for the past 3 years with no noticeable power outs.

They'll probably start leaking before they ever run out of power.

If you still want the adapter though, this is the one to get. Casio uses non standard plug sizes and I think the adapters are regulated so generic ones simply won't work or else they may even damage the board.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-ADE95-Keyboard-Power-Supply/dp/B004G7O1Z8

Gary

Ask a Question