New sustain pedal recommendation

Reaction score
My On Stage pedal is acting flaking and I think I need to replace it. It no longer stays flat on the floor and only holds notes occasionally. It's only a couple years old.

Any recommendations for a good sustain pedal and not the little box type ones? I mostly play a Nord Electro 3 these days.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I am not familiar with your pedal but I have an Ensoniq double sustain pedal that started to exhibit the occasional no sustain like yours (about 7 years or so ago). I took it apart and there was a clip in there that the pedal pushes down onto that makes the contact. I cleaned it up (it was filthy) and "bent it up" just a tad. Has been working flawlessly since. I think all of the years of pushing down on the clip it repositioned itself just a tad down so that i wouldn't always get full contact. Still in use today.

Reaction score
My "On Stage" pedal just seems to bend in half when I step on it. Cheap rubber stuff.

My Yamaha FC-4 pedal rebounded nicely after oiling the spring connection, bending the metal clip up and cleaning it up. The pedal now bounces back up and no longer makes all that noise it once did. This pedal is made better and I've had it for years.

Saved some money, but I may buy another for my other keyboard.

Ask a Question