Nord Users: Need the "Magic Man" synth on a Nord Electro

Reaction score
Okay, against my protests (too many classic rock stations blasting at my summer jobs) my band is playing "Magic Man" by Heart. I use a Kurzweil SP88 and a Nord Electro 3, so neither one has any synth modeling. Nord's website has some nice Moog samples for the Electro, but they're very basic, without the crazy effects and oscillation.

I know that with the Nord Sound Manager software I can map just one note of that synth effect onto the whole keyboard. But I can't seem to find good isolated sample of the thing. I am left with the option of hacking the MP3 apart in Logic or Garageband to get it.

Have any Nord users here made a decent sampler of Magic Man's synth that could save me some time?

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm in the same boat. Did you ever figure this out? Would rather not have to figure out how to learn to play a Mini Moog

Reaction score
Hi all, my band also wanted to play Magic Man, and i was concerned about the moog fill in that tune.
After some research, I ended up making a sample of that fill that came out pretty good. Made on a yamaha xf6 , its at
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=magic+man+sample

Can also search for "Magic Man Sample" on youtube.

It can be sampled for playing live if needed, my main instrument is guitar, so im to busy live to actually play both parts in harmony.
Hope you like!
Rock On!!

Ask a Question