Official NAMM 2020 Thread...

Reaction score
It is a good keyboard at the price point & that it looks amazing is a big benefit.

All the main controls are touch sensitive with no tactile switches.

Much of its onboard features are akin to an arranger and this is impressive but it is now only really against a Korg XE20 ensemble piano at the price point.

The slight downside is the keybed feel, with the Yamaha P125 an especially the Roland FP having a better action despite the impressive playing of the presenter. That said it comes down to personal preferences but if there was an S2000 model that would be worth of consideration against the P125 or FP30 since the starter Casio S1000 is light on features against these other two models.

Reaction score
Roland’s FP30 action better than the PX-S1000, I can see that. Not better than the P125/121, to be honest. That’s my opinion, anyway. I tend to agree with ThePianoForever, but it’s clear he’s very piano centric. He also reviewed the P125 recently and wasn’t all that convinced of the ‘piano’ action...
As I’ve said before, the Yamaha’s GHS and Korg NH’s are good for a variety of instrument playing, organ, synth and also ‘including’ piano, but for mainly playing the piano, not so much (in which case the PX-S3000 is overkill, and the PX-S1000 is more the way to go)...

Ask a Question