OK so its not keys.

Reaction score
0E0502B8-CD48-47FD-8785-E8893DE4DE2F.jpeg
3E2D6784-DDCF-4C0A-B214-C16FD12ACACF.jpeg

Went to the annual guitar show at Haydock Park today, about 120 exihibitors, live acts, all kit available to demo.

About 40,000 ft sq of show area plus the live act gigging hall.

Great day out.

Why oh why do we not have keyboard shows.

New bucket list:-
RainSong carbon fibre acoustic
Boss GT1000 pedal board
Custom handmade Bass

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yeah .. but looking at Col's pictures, most people there are much older than teens.
So there must be another answer to Col's question.

Ray

You've never heard of Peter Pan Syndrome? I suffer from it myself. :D

Either that or they're all middle aged guitar salesmen.

Besides, kids can't afford high end instruments. The have to be half dead of old age before they can afford a Martin or Gibson guitar :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Couple of things.

Jimmy Page no, awesome as he was, my guitar idol was Hank Marvin and later Jeff Beck and Hendrix as it is I still play a few of Hank’s tunes.

Guitar prices at the show ranged from £100 to eyewatering thousands, with MiM Fender Strats at £500, vintage Strats and Les Pauls from £1k to £3k, so priced to suit everyones pockets.

Kept hearing awesome playing from various stands during the day and it was always this amazing kid of about 12.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the first three songs you and every other kid learned to play on the guitar were, in no particular order...

House of the Rising Sun...

Iron Man...

And Stairway to Heaven :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You owe me a box of doughnuts.

Apache.

Still play it, even play it on keys but on keys the nuances are just not there compared to when I play guitar.

Did not like The Animals in the sixties much preffered The Kinks and learned to play Waterloo Sunset, Well Respected Man and All Day and All of the Night.

Which reminds me, where is my Bert Weedon, Tune a Day book? It must be worth a few pounds by now!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
A lot of kids play "smoke on the water"

Satriani is an awesome guitarist, underrated!
I also loved hearing the late Gary Moore . . he is in my favourite top ten for sure! Maybe number one!
Santana is also on my list.

ray

Reaction score
A lot of kids play "smoke on the water"

Satriani is an awesome guitarist, underrated!
I also loved hearing the late Gary Moore . . he is in my favourite top ten for sure! Maybe number one!
Santana is also on my list.

ray

Apparently Smoke in the Water is the most popular riff played in a guitar store and hence to them its the most annoying.

Its dead easy, three power “chords” incorporating a full tone slide up and down and its cracked.

Yep, I play it myself but never in a guitar store, I treat them to a bit of Diamonds and some BB King (more like a poor tribiute/homage).

Ask a Question