PC3LE7 Setup Question

Reaction score
Evening All

I have a couple of questions for the xperts...I'm trying to setup a setup with 2 zones (strings and piano) so that when I initially select it, the keyboard only sounds the strings and then lets me switch off the strings and select the piano later. I have used the switches to select zones in other setups, but I can't see how to create a setup which starts off muted when selected and allows you to switch it on later.

BTW I tried to set the status on both zones to 'muted' and save the setup, but when I recalled it, the muted zones had both become active again. The same happens when I try and set zones to 'solo' or 'solo+muted' - none of the settings apart from 'active' seem to work.

Also...the manual says that a lit zone switch indicates that a zone is active...on my keyboard it's the other way round!

All help gratefully received!

scriabin

Reaction score
For the piano zone, go to the pan-vol page and set the entry volume to 0. This should turn the piano off when you first call up the zone.

To turn off the strings and turn on the piano, take one of your controllers ( a dial as an example), set it control midi cc# 7 (volume) in the strings zone. In the piano zone set up the same controller to also control the volume (cc#7) but set it in "reverse". Reverse = scale set to -100%, then set the add to 127. So when you turn the dial the strings fade out and the piano fades in at the same time.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like the ideal solution. I shall try this later on tonight and report back.

Reaction score
Brilliant! Just what I wanted. I am impressed with what I can do on the PC3LE7, although I suspect that it has reduced editing capabilities compared to your PC3?

Do you know if the Artis and Forte ranges have similar editing capabilities/flexibility? I want to upgrade to an 88-key weighted keyboard at some point but don't want to lose what I can do on the LE7 .

Thanks again

Reaction score
If you can afford it I would go with the Forte 88 (not the SE model). Kurzweil has announced that the Forte WILL have full effects editing like the PC3 series. The new acoustic pianos, EP's, & Clavs are best in class. The strings are already world class. The KB3 organ in the Forte uses none of the 128 voices of polyphony as it has its own dedicated polyphony for organ. Great all around keyboard and highly recommended. If you can get by with 76 keys the Forte 7 is just out and offers 76 weighted keys (same keybed weighted action as the 88 key version). A little less weight and a little less cost.

The PC3LE has reduced editing capabilities as compared to the PC3. The DSP effects units cannot incorporate the double leslie that the PC3 series can run. Also, the LE is limited to 64 voices where the PC3 and the Forte are 128 voices.

Ask a Question