Pink Floyd Sounds?

Reaction score
I would like to pair down my gear I use on a Pink Floyd tribute band. Currently I use a Nord Electro 61 through a leslie, and will continue to use it. However, I am using an old Juno for certain sounds, A Roland JP80 for synth stuff, and also a Yamaha piano for strings and all. I am considering purchasing a Alesis Q 8.2 along with a road case and all other required gear for $700.00 as it seems it will handel the strings, piano and syths all in one. Any suggestions on what I should purchase instead for around the same $$ amount?

Reaction score

Hello! - there are a lot of keyboards to choose from on the market (be it new or used), which could do the job you're looking for.

Only a suggestion, but why not spend a bit of time on YouTube?

There are loads of folks on there who play Floyd stuff on a variety of keyboards - that may help you to narrow down the choices.

In the meanwhile - keep up the good work! (Floyd are my favourite band).

John.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have checked out youtube and the norm is the K2000 or other later models. I may head that way if I can keep the cost down.

our web site thedarksidetribute.com

Ask a Question