Psr e443 speaker icy problem

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha keyboard psr e443.
The speaker outlet is not coming.I found out the speaker icy is burnt.so please I want the number on the speaker icy so I buy new one to fix it there.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Dave, I'm thinking this is an auto-translation issue going from one language to another, or auto spelling correction, or possibly a combination of both.

As amazing as auto-translation is, it isn't perfect, especially when trying to translate abbreviations or acronyms.

And auto spelling correction is, in my opinion, one of the most aggravating features on smart phones, tablets, and computers, capable of turning a simple sentence with simple typos into an absolute mess of gibberish.

Combine the two, and all manner of comical errors are possible.

EDIT -- When I first read the post, I was thinking that "icy" might be an auto spelling correction of "IC" (integrated chip). Not only does auto spelling correction mangle slightly-misspelled words, but it can change correctly-spelled words, abbreviations, and acronyms into the wrong words. I find that to be so frustrating and aggravating that I always end up disabling the auto spelling correction feature on my smart phones, tablets, and computers.

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Maybe when something doesn't work, one could say it has "gone cold"
The translation converted cold to icy.

So addressing @Alfred 's problem. he needs to read the manual as suggested or explain further in order for us to suggest solutions.

@Alfred . . Is there head phones plugged in?
Unplug. Could be the simple solution.
Check this first.

Cheers
Ray

Reaction score
With the E series on some models pluging in a pair of headphones does not turn off the sound from the speakers, that has to be done in the function menu

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
OK guys. Enough fun and games. What I believe the guy said was "He has no audio output and visually located a burnt OP AMP IC on the board." He wanted the part number and that should be in the manual Michael linked to.

Either that or he was calling for help after he spilled a bottle of ICY HOT on his groin :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Please, There is no sound coming out from the speakers.My problem has got to do with the internal part of the keyboard.i mean when you open it.What I know is,If there is no sound coming from the speakers,then there is a problem at the sound part in the keyboard.There is a small board in the internal part of the keyboard that enables the sound to come from the speakers.it has a part number on it that when that board get spoilt,you can buy a new one of the same number so the speakers can work again.I don't really know the actual name of that board,but it has got to do with the speakers."The object that makes the keyboard speakers function.It has a number on it.But mine is burnt so can't see the number.So If I may be precise,there is a number on that tool am talking about,that's what I need.
Thank you very much.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Follow the link posted in the second reply to this thread.

It points to a PDF Service Manual for your keyboard.

Inside there will be a schematic with the part number.

You already have your answer.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you.
But I guess what am talking about is the number on the speaker IC rather.As being corrected by you guys.
And please am still not seeing it in the manual,if someone could help me out.
Thank you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you can't find a schematic, with parts list, in the manual, then the next step is to post some pictures of the board in question and identify the defective IC in the picture and then, NICELY, ask one of them to open up their boards and read off the part number from a working unit.

This is assuming, of course, that you are correct in diagnosing the problem in the first place.

I do not own one of these units myself so I have nothing more to contribute.

Good Luck!

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I can't claim to have any sort of skill at understanding schematics, but I'll look at the Service Manual to see if I can tell what's what.

There should be a list of parts in addition to the schematics, and I think the parts are supposed to be identified well enough that they can be replaced as needed-- although I'm not sure whether each individual transistor or whatsit is going to be identified.

Also, I'm not sure how easy it will be to obtain a specific part even after it's been identified. You might need to order the entire board that a particular transistor or whatsit is soldered to, unless you can find an electronics supply company that sells the specific transistor or whatsit that's burned out.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Can you point me to the specific page and diagram in the Service Manual that shows the board you're talking about?

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha keyboard psr e443.
The speaker outlet is not coming.I found out the speaker icy is burnt.so please I want the number on the speaker icy so I buy new one to fix it there.
Can I also get the number of the ic so that I replace mine.

Ask a Question