PSR-E473 / EW425 - Great sound - Too many features missing

yul

Reaction score
Hello!

I admit the sounds on these are quite impressive but what happened to the crippled recording, looping and arranger features?

The song recording features are too basic, the groove creator is static (cannot overwrite) and the styles are hard to navigate.

There are drum kits available but you can't do anything with them.. it used to be you could loop them somehow but this isn't possible.

The "articulation" button can be interesting but for many sounds it is simply a vibrato..it's static, you can't even modify the rate.

The motion effects are not even listed...you can switch them but they are all named the same.

They basically improved the sound yes but the features are too lacking. I can't believe it.

I remember the E353 if I am correct had many great features at the time but this is gone!

This is returneed to the shop. Too bad!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely love the 2nd piano tone on the EW425 - but that darn B flat 5 - can't Yamaha get their sound tones level! It is too loud compared to all the rest of the keys - the same problem with every Yamaha keyboard I've had.

Reaction score
What do you expect from the E series?

All E series are a beginner keyboards, the big Y want you moving on to the SX and Genos not to stay with an E long term.

The E353 that I had was dire.

Rubbish sound quality, a menu system that gave RSI as there were far to many pages to navigate, a slow interface in other words as long as you do the basics its fine, want more, sell up and move on.

The only thing mine had going for it was a quick sale.

Reaction score
What do you expect from the E series?

All E series are a beginner keyboards, the big Y want you moving on to the SX and Genos not to stay with an E long term.

The E353 that I had was dire.

Rubbish sound quality, a menu system that gave RSI as there were far to many pages to navigate, a slow interface in other words as long as you do the basics its fine, want more, sell up and move on.

The only thing mine had going for it was a quick sale.
I bought this keyboard solely because of that 2nd piano tone that isn't available (yet) on other Yamaha keyboards - including Genos and the higher PSRX models - which BTW I've played the 700, 900, and a Genos 4 and all had that damn B flat 5 problem. But - their overall piano tone I thought was among the best and closest to the real acoustic grand piano. I will state - this new Yamaha piano tone found only now on the EW425 is the best so far - besides that B flat. Korg EK50 has the same problem, but it's the C sharp 6 - 1 1/2 steps higher.

Ask a Question