PSR-S670 Review; Initial Impressions

Reaction score
Nice job on the music video.:cool: I've always been a strictly by ear musician as well(except I did take music theory in high school & I absolutely hated that class...& didn't learn a damn thing!:mad::D
When I was starting from scratch about 16 years ago,I had sold all my previous keyboards and could only afford a consumer grade keyboard.
I began with a RadioShack MD-1700(& had better speakers than my PSR-S670 and it was only $300!!)Only a 6 track sequencer in it,but the sounds were usable and kept me happy for a while.....until I made a slight upgrade with the Casio WK-3800.Great sounds,but the midi sequencer did not have an audible metronome,as it was only a visual one...wtf?? :eek::rolleyes:o_O:D

After tinkering around with my new PSR-S670 a bit more and after having spoke with a Yamaha rep,I found out that converting midi sequencer recording to USB audio was possible and it is a simple enough procedure....but there is one problem,as you cannot not syncronize the USB audio record button,with the sequencer play button(as you first have to depress the record button on the USB audio recorder and then the playback button on the sequencer.
This of course,is utterly retarded,as when I transfer my WAV files to my computer DAW,I have to disable the Snap Grid function on my tracks,in order to freely move the audio files until I can visually sync them up...what a terrible pain in the butt.
The PSR-S670 has wall to wall sync functionality,except for when you want to transfer your final rendering to USB audio(the programmers that designed thisportionn of the S670,must have been laughing their butts off(because this lack of syncronicity in this keyboard has to be a friggin' joke!)
Oh well....you get what you pay for...I guess.
Thank you for your input ..

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion,but one of the largest selling points of the PSR-S670 for me,was the WAV file export(because I like to keep things simple,if I can...so I can focus on creating,rather than fussing and pulling my hair out over technical stuff.)
What your suggesting,involves a 5-pin midi connection...correct?If so...the PSR-S670 does not have this type of midi connection.
If this can be done via the USB-midi connection....then maybe I'll look into...but then again,I could just as easily depress the play button on my PSR and the record button on my midi controller keyboard simultaneously and get the same result.
Hi I just bought a s670 keyboard and I can't turn off the slow rotary or vibrato on all organ voices can you help me?

Reaction score
Sorry...but I sold my S670 a few months ago and I haven't spent enough time with it to know all of it's functionality intimately.
I am sure someone else here could help you....or try Yamahasynth.com

Reaction score
Sorry...but I sold my S670 a few months ago and I haven't spent enough time with it to know all of it's functionality intimately.
I am sure someone else here could help you....or try Yamahasynth.com

Interesting that your S670 did not meet expectations and you have sold it.

Have you bought a replacement?

Reaction score
Yes...I had purchased a replacement,which is the Yamaha MODX7.Had I known...that the MODX series was in the works,I would have not even considered the S670 at all.

Ask a Question