Question on CP40 Performance EQ Settings

Reaction score
Hello, All;

I've been making my way through the labyrinth of the controls and settings on my CP40—trying to make sense out of things that often just don't—and am stumped by an item I could use some help with. Seems like it should be simple, but something's not working (maybe I'm wearing the wrong color shirt? who knows, these days...) I simply want to set the EQ on a performance I've been setting up. The only EQ settings I can find are in the Pre Amp found in Edit > 02: Part > 04:Effect B > Ctg: PRE > Type MIC3B-1 > Preset Basic.

Going into Preset Basic I see a 3-band EQ setup allowing frequency selection and Q adjustments, which seems like I'm where I should be. Problem is, nothing I do in there is making any difference in my sound. In fact, I can go back to the PRE > Type, scroll through the list of Pre Amp types, and nothing changes in my output. I can scroll through all the settings—all the flanges, reverbs, pre-amps, etc—and nothing changes. I have my chorus and reverb sliders all the way up, but all I get are what sound like stock settings that don't change with my scrolling selection.
So, what I need is to effect the EQ of my output on a single performance. How do I make that happen?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ask a Question