Question Regarding Practice

Reaction score
As a beginner who has progressed to a beginner intermediate level, I am working on 4 different jazz piano renditions. I generally spend an hour daily practicing these pieces. In the past few weeks I seem to have encountered a roadblock. I am not seeing much progress.

With that being said, I am curious if I should be changing my practicing regime to "jump start" my progress. Please let me know if I can provide more information. I would appreciate your thoughts & recommendations. Thank you so much.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
When you get stale on a song, it's time to mix it up with a different piece or two and come back to it a few days later.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
As Gary said,
Give yourself a break from the 4 pieces you are playing. Try another new tune or play a few regular easy ones for a day or two or even longer. When you go back to the difficult jazz pieces you will be amazed at what you you remember and you will probably progress much easier.
You know when I pick up a piece which I haven't played a few years, it always comes back to me instantly and often I play it flawlessly, such a good feeling.
Long term memory overpowers short term memory . .
R

Ask a Question