Recommended amp simulators?

Reaction score
Hey

There are so many nice keyboards around providing excellent EP-sounds, that would be so much better if they would be played through a nice vintage amp - i.e. Fender bassman/twin reverb. This may be pretty chunky carring around, though - any of you guys have suggestions to good amp simulators?

/ Niels

Reaction score
Isn't there an easier way to get a nice EP-sound, without buying an additional amp?

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Isn't there an easier way to get a nice EP-sound, without buying an additional amp?<<Gratwhol>>

Don't suppose it gets any easier than just bringing a simulator at, say, 1 lbs. to a gig. In general, my experience with EP's tell me, that the sound improves incredibly when played through the right amp. I was just wondering, if anyone had a good suggestion for, what such a piece of gear might be. Mono, stereo, who cares - for obvious reasons, a single amp doesn't provide stereo sound.

Reaction score
I can't say I've ever heard of keyboard amp simulators, although there are a few guitar amp VSTs floating around. They probably aren't made because (aside from Leslies) the amp doesn't have much effect on a keyboard's sound and most tone and effect control is done on console (workstation, softsynth, whatever).

Ask a Question