Recording from today

Reaction score
I've created, and recorded this little piece for drums and keyboards. Sorry about the crappy drum sound, and lack of tightness here and there. I was "in the mood", and didn't want pedantic fiddling to stop the creative flow i guess, hehe.. Also, i'm not great at mixing, so the drums are actually raw files.. *hark*

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

http://soundcloud.com/joachimaspera/ehm

Reaction score
Humm, i'll try to write down everything :)

I use both Nuendo 3 and Cubase 5, depending on which computer i use. It doesn't matter too much, they're so much alike.

Keyboard:
Echo Audiofire 4
Kurzweill PC88 (but only as a midi\master keyboard)
Hypersonic 2 VST, and Tapeotronic VST (For the mellotron choir)

Drums:
Presonus FireProject 10\10
Can't really remember the brand for all the mics,
but just a pretty regular setup; 4 tom mics, 1 snare mic, 1 kick mic, 2 overhead mics
My drum set is a Tama Starclassic Maple (sunburst finish, for anyone who cares:p) with 8", 10", 12" and 15" toms, 20" kick
and some signature snare drum from pearl. Then there's a pretty random selection of mostly sabian cymbals :)

Luckily i'm renting a pretty big house next to both the train, and the mainroad downtown, so it's always noisy here. Doesn't really matter if i make a lot of noise with the drums :)

Reaction score
I Like your song! Nice drums and really cool chops whit the keyboard. I find the progressions really interesting!

And thanks for your feedback too :)

Reaction score
Thank you Nico! I try to make sections that doesn't sound too standard in a pop\rock way. Some people may be annoyed by that, but when i'm having a good time alone with my music, i don't really care. But it's great that someone else can find it interesting too :)

Ask a Question