Recording

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry if this is not on the right forum.

However, I want to record some keyboards on my computer but I'm new to all this stuff and I was wondering what and need and how to do it best. So I have a few questions.

I figured I need some kind of program/software to record in but I don't know what's best and I have no idea what the alternatives are. I don't know much about midi but is it possible to use the sounds on my keyboard/sound modulator on the computer or do I have to use the sounds that comes with the program?

I'm lost and I hope you will help me understand :D

Reaction score
I am buying a new computer soon because my current one is kind of crappy :p But I'm aiming for a good computer that will handle alot. The keyboards I use is a Yamaha PSR E423 and a KORG MicroKORG, I am also using a Roland JV-2080 sound modulator.

Reaction score
Thanks I'll probably buy a soundcard along with the computer. However, which software should I use? Is there anything for free that is good and still, can I use my own sounds?

Reaction score
If you're buying a soundcard there may be software bundled with it. The lite versions as they're sometimes called usually contain all you need to get going - and are sometimes less cluttered and confusing that the full versions.

Your own sounds - what do you mean by this? Do you mean presets you've programmed yourself for your hardware synths? If so, yes, just record the (audio) output from your synth or module via your soundcard and into the computer (as audio).

Ask a Question