Rock Band Needs Keyboard Suggestions. Specs Listed

Reaction score
I am in a rock band that is currently in need of a keyboard. Specs are listed:

1) Number of Keys doesn't matter, but we need to be able to have a crazy keyboard solo.- use your imagination....after you read the specs, if you find one with weighted keys that'd be great. but if it makes it more than 750, we'll take unweighted.
2) Has to have a good organ sound
3) has to have a good synthesizer sound (take a bow by muse, final countdown)
lead synths. and pads are welcome
4) has to have a good piano sound
5) has to be PORTABLE! MOST IMPORTANT THING. SHOULD BE ABLE TO SLING OVER SHOULDER IN CASE and NOT BREAK YOUR BACK.
6) Should be able to be played standing up, but if that's just the stand wont worry bout it
7) Budget: Under 750$ (used are welcome).
8) needs to have a 1/4 inch jack output (L and R) and be able to be plugged into a KC-150 by Roland.

-------
Suggestions for organ sound
right now i play my dad's keyboard, roland JC-700 from like 2001...the organ sound i like, i get with "Rocker Spin" on Upper 1 and "Purple Spin" on Upper 2. and then turn the multi effects all the way up to really get that organ going.

so suggest away!!! thanks, appreciate anything you got.

Reaction score
Instead of buying one, you could win a Moog Slim Phatty. Just become a fan of Astralwerks + Moog on facebook by 'liking' and enter the contest. It’s 100% analog signal path, intuitive user interface, rugged construction and rich MIDI, USB and Control Voltage functionality make it a must-have for producers, touring musicians and DJs.

It's an amazing portable device and who knows… someday maybe you’ll be rocking the crowd like Astralwerks superstars The Chemical Brothers, David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia, Hot Chip, etc.

To enter and see more details just click on the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/astralwerks?sk=app_28134323652

Based on the powerful Little Phatty sound engine, earth-shaking basses, scorching leads and unlimited sonic creativity now fit in your back pack and your budget

Ask a Question