Roland Fantom O series

Reaction score
Looks like at long last the FA range gets a reboot in the 0 series.

I did like the FA07 when I spent hours researching about it and hours on and off in my local store putting it through its paces or as much as my limited skills allowed.

I only discounted it on the basis that it was a pretty old design.

I think I could be very interested in an Fantom 07.

Reaction score
No further info at this time. I have looked to see if their Product Support channel on Youtube has any more videos but none found.

Prices from Roland.com
  • FANTOM-06: $1,499.99
  • FANTOM-07: $1,799.99
  • FANTOM-08: $1,999.99
In the UK the FA 07 £1250 and the Fantom 7 is £2900

The Korg Nautilus 61 is £1590, the 73 is £1840, and 88 is £1990

Last edited:
Reaction score
I asked Ed Diaz when the Product Support “How To” videos would be available.

Ed’s response was that he hopes to start recording them week commencing 21st March after he has finalised some videos for the top of the range Fantom.

Reaction score
I've been utterly obsessed with this keyboard since it was announced. I'll receive my Fantom 06 this Friday and it will be the most pristine keyboard workstation I've ever owned(which is quite extraordinary, since it's a budget keyboard.)
I find it very out that Ed Diaz claims that the Fantom-0 has 6,000 sounds(when Roland's product page clearly states that it has 3,500 sounds.)
Could Ed Diaz be referring to the additional free downloadable libraries? Even so, that makes no sense....as he did state that those "6,000" sounds are "right-out-of-the-box."

Reaction score

Ed’s response was that he hopes to start recording them week commencing 21st March after he has finalised some videos for the top of the range Fantom.
Yes...indeed...that would be amazing info to have,as I've had my Fantom for 4 days & still cannot figure out how to import Wave Expansions(currently hashing it out with Roland support, though.) Transitioning from Korg to Roland has been pretty tough.

Reaction score
I did a little quick & dirty video on my Fantom 06 a couple of days ago....just showcasing a few layered presets and single tones. The video quality isn't great( I'm working on upgrading to a newer model camcorder)...but I made sure the audio was in pristine order.

Reaction score
Do not know precisely what you are referring to, but the Fantom-0 has no V-Piano(if that's what you mean.)

I’m referring to the new “Pure Acoustic Piano Modeling” that is used in the Roland FP-90X instead of the SuperNatural engine (which is used in the FP-60 and older models like RD2000, which I used to own)…

To my ears the new engine sounds much better and more natural, but I just found the specs on Roland’s web site and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be supported on the Fantom-0s:

Reaction score
Hi ALL,

About 3 years ago I sold all of my hardware keys and switched to using VSTs and in that time I have kept in touch with new hardware keys and until now there has been nothing that made me want to go back to hardware until the Fantom o came along and now I really wrestling with myself about buying one ?

Brian

Reaction score
Hi ALL,

About 3 years ago I sold all of my hardware keys and switched to using VSTs and in that time I have kept in touch with new hardware keys and until now there has been nothing that made me want to go back to hardware until the Fantom o came along and now I really wrestling with myself about buying one ?

Brian
Me to

Reaction score
Hi ALL,

Brian
I've done the very same thing & although I've missed fiddling with hardware...nothing before now, could justify the expense of hardware...that is...until recently and the Fantom-0 series was just entirely too impressive to pass up(especially for the price)...so with very little deliberation, I pulled the trigger.
Coming from Korg...Roland is quite the learning curve & although everything is logically laid out....there is just so much functionality, that it is overwhelming.
Currently...I am having a lot of trouble installing the free wave expansions, but Roland support has been good in trying to help. Also...from what I've read, Ed Diaz will be producing some instructional videos....which may be up & running later in the month(around the 21st.)

Reaction score
Ed has been quiet on Facebook for a couple of weeks so hopefully he will have been recording the tutorials and is no doubt editing them.

It will probably still be a while before they get added to the Channel as there usually a collection of at least 10 or so to give newbies a good start with most of the prine features.

I used to make tutorial videos myself and it can be quite a slow job editing the footage,

Reaction score

I was looking over the Roland Support Channel on YouTube and it was a year after the flagship Fantom was released, before Ed Diaz made tutorials and the last tutorial that was made, was only a month ago.
That said...myself(as well as others who have transitioned from other brands)...may be sitting on our hands for quite a long time, before we completely wrap our heads around the Fanom-0. We'll be entirely on our own gentlemen, for who knows how long.....not a rosy prospect....

Reaction score
Ed started to record the tutorials on 21 April and hopes to upload the first tutorial very shortly.

He has 25 tutorials planned.

Hence keep an eye on the Roland Product Support channel on Youtube for the uploads appearing.

If I hear anything from Ed, I will give an update to this thread.

Reaction score
Looks like at long last the FA range gets a reboot in the 0 series.

I think I could be very interested in an Fantom 07.

I must admit that I've been looking at this one (and the MODX), as I venture into synths. Look forward to comparisons as users start getting comfortable with the 07.

Reaction score
Ed started to record the tutorials on 21 April and hopes to upload the first tutorial very shortly.

He has 25 tutorials planned.

Hence keep an eye on the Roland Product Support channel on Youtube for the uploads appearing.

If I hear anything from Ed, I will give an update to this thread.
Thank you.:)

Ask a Question