Roland Fantom X7 Using Live HELP!

Reaction score
I have recently bought this keyboard and I have a MAJOR problem with it at the moment. In the music I play I change sounds (or sound patches or whatever) very often (every 8-16 bars) and so I always have 1 or 2 beats with no right hand playing or just a held chord so I could use my right hand to change the sound before I start playing it. The problem is that on the Fantom X7 the chord im holding on say a string sound cuts out when i press the button to change to a harp and it sounds ridiculous as there is sudden silence before the next sound comes in. There is no problem like this on my old Gw7

I've tried saving the sounds is the Performance Layer editor and then also in the Live Setting Play section.

Is there anyway round this??

I need quick replies because I have a gig tomorrow eek

Thanks

Reaction score
I'm probably reviving an old thread for no reason, but unfortunately no, the Fantom X series does not have perfect patch remain. It uses all 16 fx processors on each patch, so when you switch patches you get blips. The new G series has resolved this, but you can only layer 8 sounds.

Reaction score
When I use my X6, I had the same problem and got round it by setting the sounds I needed across the 16 parts within the performance and change them when needed. I know its not ideal but it works.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's my only complaint about my RD-700. It just takes some well-thought programming of your presets and getting to know them very well before gigging. I played in a country band, so out of my 30 or so presets, I made sure about every 3rd one was a piano so I could step through the patches and latch onto whatever I needed pretty speedily.
By the way, I've been wanting to check out a Fantom. How are they? I'm mainly interested in the feel of the keys and a great piano sound.

Ask a Question