Roland FP-10 cable connection to Android

Reaction score
Hi All!

I just recently bought an FP-10 and I am trying to use it with the Skoove app on Android. The bluetooth connection worked at first but now it gets stuck in setup mode and won't recognize the keyboard. I have noticed a little lag with the bluetooth in any case, so I am wondering if I can just connect the FP-10 directly to the android device. My old keyboard had a MIDI out that I was able to connect with a USB adaptor but it seems the FP-10 doesn't have this, actually maybe no MIDI cable out at all?

So, I am hoping someone can help me to figure out either A) how to connect the audio out of the FP-10 to some sort of MIDI adaptor that I can plug into the Android, B) if there is some sort of Bluetooth->MIDI adapter that I can get or C) if anyone has had similar issues with Skoove and knows how to fix the bluetooth problem.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance here!

Reaction score
I should have mentioned, I did update the drivers. Good suggestion. And this is an Android device, not Apple, but yeah, if I can't find answers here, I will contact Roland.

Reaction score
I was able to connect my FP-10 to Roland's "piano partner 2" app via USB cable. It required finding a converter from USB B 2.0 socket to the type C on my phone. But seemed to connect ok.

20231114_011455.jpg

Ask a Question