Roland FP-7F Split volumes...how?

Reaction score
Started using my FP-7F in live play, with keyboard split.
Running seperate L/R outputs, w/ 2 patch cords to a keyboard amp with seperate channel inputs.
But cannot figure out how to split the volume output from the keyboard. Not sure if possible...manual doesn't say, or I can't find it. Both output channels seem to be the same mixed signal from both sides of kybd split.
I like to have separate volume control of bass side, so I can dominate guitar player playing wrong notes.
Anyone solve this one?

Another performance issue. Organ patches allow rotary leslie effect if you hit organ button during play.
All good, but means I have to lift my hand from incredible lick being played, thereby depriving audience of full effect of my musical brilliance. Hoping to have a foot switch that controls leslie (if she'll cooperate), but manual doesn't talk about it.
Considering a crazy set-up of electric actuator selenoid secured over button, controlled by my foot, with power supply.
Or do it with my nose. Overly complicated, and un-sexy.
Anyone solve this one?

Reaction score
Thx. Is that Audrey Hepburn talking to me? Didn't know you were a keyboard techie. Do you buy your gear at Tiffany's?

Reaction score
Yes, and it is jewel-encrusted ;)
3a9db333732dbe306a86dbc748063dc7.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No comment on the volume issue, and I'll shoot anyone who comes near my Kurzweil with a Bedazzler :D but as far as switching the leslie goes, assuming there's nothing in the manual about assignable footswitches you could always consider adding a MIDI control pedal sending the proper CC# to toggle the leslie effect.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just looked at the manual.

http://roland.com/support/article/?q=manuals&p=FP-7F&id=49763882

Apparently volume can be controlled independently on splits and layers so you're good to go. Pages 71 to 72 of the manual.

Pedal info is included on Pages 72 to 73.

While it doesn't expressly mention that you can control the leslie effect with the pedal it does mention you can switch registrations with the pedal.

Another workaround instead of using a MIDI control pedal might be to create two identical registrations for the organ, one with and one without the leslie and switch back and forth between them using the assignable pedal.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
To HappyRat1.
thanks for the response, and suggestions. (FP-7F )
But ,. the volume adjustments available on page 73 of manual only apply to the "dual-voice" mode, or, stacked sounds,
not to the split mode. Tho it seems like that's the same internal seperation from the control board point of view, it doesn't work with spit.
Too bad....it would have been valuable to me.
Or, it could have seperate L/R outputs in the split mode, and I could adjust on the amp, but no luck there either.
Of course they could have put a balance pot on the board.........but nobody checked with me.
Some of us kybd players are so anal about desired features.
Re: the other issue, leslie off/on. I found the info on pg 25/26 of the midi implementation manual, but don't really understand how to send a midi signal, ie, thru a programmable pedal, for this feature, There doesn't seem to be listed a CC #, or PC #, to do this.
Re: other method, registration change. Have't tried yet. Tho, might work.

Maybe Roland will make a FP-8F model, just for guys like me.
Saga continues.

Bud

Reaction score
trouble is: it's same signal on both outputs. Not split L/R for keyboard split.
Makes me wonder if all keyboards that split (many) have this undesirable feature. Probably some do , some don't.
Something that seems like a natural feature , but you don't know until you try, usually after you buy it.

Ask a Question