Semi-weighted Keys

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forum! Looked around a bit and didn't see this question so figured I'd try posting.

I'm considering buying a Korg PA4X Arranger but I'm concerned about the keys being only semi-weighted. I have a medical condition that causes muscle tension so I tend to have a very heavy touch. I'm concerned if semi-weighted keys would wear down over time.

I had my parents old digital piano from the 90s at one point and I basically destroyed half the keys on accident by playing too hard. This is why I'm concerned.

I currently have a Yamaha stage piano for the last 6 years that I've been pretty rough on and the keys are perfectly fine. But I'm wondering if this is because they're fully weighted.

Anybody have any insight?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Welcome Rufus.

I have played a PA4X quite a bit and currently intend to buy one next year.

I would not be to concerned about the action since you could always connect up a weighted MIDI keyboard and use that as a sacrificial keyboard if you wear out the 4X keys

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice..

My current keyboard is a Yamaha CP300 stage piano. Based on what I'm reading online it can be used as a MIDI controller.

So in theory if I buy a PA4X, can I link the two and essentially use the keyboard from my CP300 but have all the function of the PA4X? That would be the best of both worlds.

Still kind of new to this stuff.

Ask a Question