Sigh.

Reaction score
Although I've gleaned some good info from this site, it is woefully archaic in its look, the content is overly pedantic, and the rules are a bit much. Seriously, l have to make 10 posts in order to list something for sale? It could take me ten years to generate as many posts. Sadly, it affirms the cliche that keyboard players are gearheads and techies first, musicians second. This site could be a much more welcoming and insightful resource, but instead it's like an old boys' club for nerds. Sigh. If anyone wants a Yamaha YC73 with rolling case, volume and sustain pedal, find me on Facebook. Elizabeth Conant.

Reaction score
Sad that you have been a member here for so long and have not joined in any discussion, 3 posts in near on 5 years is mind blowing that you even bothered to show up and whinge.

You want masochistic nerds then go and join the musicplayer forum, where you are lucky to get any response and the folks there are into serious one upmanship, and only their own personal views matter.

Same with some Yamaha forums where so many are self rightous and stuck up their collective asses.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Reaction score
I have to stand up for this forum and the people who use it. When I joined, I was quite a newbie, and although it seems not many people are active, I have always received polite and valuable help, mainly from Gary but from others as well. A forum is primarily for discussion, not a marketplace. I think it’s only fair to show a vested interest in the forum and its members before posting something for sale.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Although I've gleaned some good info from this site, it is woefully archaic in its look, the content is overly pedantic, and the rules are a bit much. Seriously, l have to make 10 posts in order to list something for sale? It could take me ten years to generate as many posts. Sadly, it affirms the cliche that keyboard players are gearheads and techies first, musicians second. This site could be a much more welcoming and insightful resource, but instead it's like an old boys' club for nerds. Sigh. If anyone wants a Yamaha YC73 with rolling case, volume and sustain pedal, find me on Facebook. Elizabeth Conant.

First of all if all you are interested in is selling your gear, then you're better off on craigslist, reverb or Facebook.

Secondly, 10 years ago we were drowning in garbage classified posts from spammers looking for a quick buck.

The classified section here is merely a courtesy to our users and the primary goal of this site is to share tips, techniques and music with fellow musicians.

If you're looking to dump your unwanted gear then I'd suggest the sites I mentioned.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Cheers to the comments above from Biggles, Chris and Rat.

I am definitely not a gearhead, techie or a nerd.
I joined the forum years ago as a newbie keyboard player with playing music and learning ALL aspects that go with it my intentions.

Awesome people here with worldly advice and if not for the forums, I would be be struggling as a player.

I personally respect the knowledge of the people here.
If the forums aren't suited to your needs @Wingmother just move on. Your comments are unwarranted.

Reaction score
I've sold most of my stuff (Yamaha keyboards, wireless and wired mics, and Roland keytar) on Reverb. Fees are a bit high, but the site works.

Reaction score
My band just did a cover of "Gone Daddy Gone", and I'm thinking -- yup, she's gone!

Old No7

Ask a Question