Software MIDI sequencer

Reaction score
First time posting here.

I have a brand new Yamaha electric piano (or at least it was when I bought it back in 1998). It still works great, but the 20+ year old piano samples are starting to sound, well, 20+ years old. I want to plug into a PC and use that as a full-time MIDI sequencer, and then route the audio out through my PA system. I already have an interface that works and have used the MIDI on this piano before, I'm just looking for updated software recommendations, and any recommendations for the best grand piano samples I can get my hands on.

I can use Linux (pick a distro) or Windows 10. My interest mainly lies in real time playback. I'm solo, so I can tolerate a bit of latency, but obviously would like to minimize that.

Reaction score
Welcome.

I am not sure if they will have what you seek but some of the paid for software companies are offering starter packs during this coronavirus pandemic.

Native Instruments Komplete

Arturia

There are probably others which a Google search will report.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're using Windows 10 your best option is Cakewalk By Bandlab. It's free as in beer software and totally professional.

Or if you need a native Linux app then try Rosegarden.

And There's another shareware that never expires and is not crippled called Reaper that runs well under Win 10 or Linux under WINE.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question