Splitting a RD-300nx for double treble

Reaction score
I have a part to play that has strings and brass. Both parts are written in treble clef (as in on top of one another if I were to play them on the same keyboard). I know I can split the keyboard and play strings on one half of the keyboard and brass on the other. But is there a way to transpose the lower half to play as if it were the upper half? In other words, I want to play the left of the keyboard as though it was the right at the same time as playing the right.
I know I can get another keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
After you set the Split Point as desired and select the desired Upper and Lower tones, you can adjust the settings for the Upper and Lower tones-- see pages 47 and 48 of the owner's manual. The specific setting that you'll want to change is the Coarse Tune parameter, which lets you transpose the tone by a certain number of semitones. The manual says you can set the Coarse Tune to any value from -48 semitones to +48 semitones, which would be from -4 octaves to +4 octaves.

Reaction score
After you set the Split Point as desired and select the desired Upper and Lower tones, you can adjust the settings for the Upper and Lower tones-- see pages 47 and 48 of the owner's manual. The specific setting that you'll want to change is the Coarse Tune parameter, which lets you transpose the tone by a certain number of semitones. The manual says you can set the Coarse Tune to any value from -48 semitones to +48 semitones, which would be from -4 octaves to +4 octaves.
Thanks so much. I was looking in the splitting section.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You're welcome! Most keyboards I'm familiar with let you shift the voices up or down an octave or two, and that includes when you're layering voices together or splitting the keyboard between voices. :)

Ask a Question