Stand/holder for iPad Pro 12,9 inch

Reaction score
I will be using my Korg Kross 2 88 on a double X-stand. I'll have a desk next to it (not parallel to it, but rather in an L-configuration) which is where I will put my laptop and other 'officy' thingies.
I'd like to use my iPad pro with it, partly with Garageband but also with other music apps and of course, I'd like to have the iPad right in front of me when I'm playing.

Since there is no possibility to mount any adapters to the X-stand (none that I can think of, anyway), I'll need some type of stand or holder for the iPad.
I've been briefly looking on the internet but haven't found anything yet that suits me. It would have to be a floor stand, I guess, unless anyone here knows of a way of mounting a holder onto an X-stand.

So, any recommendations ? I must point out that it is a 2nd gen iPad Pro, 12.9 inch, so it's bigger (and heavier) than your regular iPad, and from what I've seen so far, most of these holders/stands seem to cater only for the regular ipad (or 9 to 10 inch tablets in general).

Looking forward to any feedback you can give me.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think there are tablet holders designed to go on a pole (mic stand or music stand), and that can be adjusted to fit tablets of different dimensions.

Reaction score
Right, so I sent the X-stand back, because of bad quality (was a cheap Quiklok stand, wasn't stable, very wobbly).
I'm not going to buy another two-tier stand (too tempting for me to buy a second keyboard for the Kross 2 88 :p ).
But I will need a stand that will hold a keyboard, as well as an 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

So, I was thinking that my Spider Pro is of very good quality en very versatile, which leads me to the Baby Spider pro.
Perfect for the Kross 2 88 and an iPad on top.
But what accessories do I actually need for the iPad ?

Normally, I'd go for the universal holder
combined with the tablet pc holder

But maybe it would be better with the universal holder
and the music sheet holder, which is also very robust

It's big enough to hold the ipad pro and would be more convenient than to lock and unlock the ipad in the tablet holder every time ; with the music sheet holder, I just place the iPad Pro on it and Bob's your uncle.

Does anyone have any of these K&M accessories ?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any of these K&M accessories ?
Yes I use the K&M PC tablet holder you’ve shown above. I attach it to a music stand. It could also be attached to a mic stand as Michael suggested above. It’s quite robust and has actually outlasted one of my tablets.

Reaction score
I would attach it directly to the Baby Spider Pro, using the K&M universal adapter.
Some reviews of the tablet holder state that the iPad isn't completely level/horizontal when in landscape mode. This is probably nitpicking but I know that will hugely annoy me.
That's why I'm thinking of the music stand instead.

What I forgot to say : my iPad sits in a Logitech case, with detachable keyboard, but with a holder for the Apple Pencil, and I'm afraid that won't work wel with that tablet holder : I'd have to remove the ipad from the case every time I want to use it with my keyboard and that's not my idea of 'user friendliness'...

So, thanks for the feedback, but I think I'd better have a look at the music sheet holder : it hasn't got any rubber protection but I think I'll be alright since the iPad has a protective case around it.
Unless someone tells me that music sheet holder is no good for a tablet, that would really interest me...

Reaction score
Some reviews of the tablet holder state that the iPad isn't completely level/horizontal when in landscape mode. This is probably nitpicking but I know that will hugely annoy me.
Mine is fine. Factors that can contribute to it going out of alignment are:
1. Stand to which it is attached isn't 100% perpendicular to the floor
2. One of the joints has a hex nut which needs to be periodically tightened with an Allen key.

Your method of using a music stand would do the job too. I would use an adhesive to keep the tablet attached to the stand though - no way would I let it sit there loose, case or no case.

I have a "no sheet music holder" policy as on stage it just doesn't look that great from a presentation point of view.

tumblr_putco7JFmW1ual3guo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't be using it on stage, so the risk of it dropping to the floor, is very small. Besides, I can adjust the inclination so the iPad leans a bit more backwards, giving it better support and stability.
In any case, the holder is out as it wouldn't work well together with my case and pencil holder.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reaction score
the risk of it dropping to the floor, is very small.
Cool - enjoy. I do strongly suggest you take my advice and use some kind of adhesive for your iPad on your stand though. For the cost of $10 worth of Blu-Tack or velcro you may save your $800 tablet from kaboom.

You probably don't need your car seatbelts either. Until you do.

Ask a Question