Can I attach a notebook + sheet holder + mic boom arm to an X STAND?

Reaction score
Hi, got me a MOXFX8. Does anyone know how to attach a notebook holder, sheet music holder and a mic boom arm to my double X STAND: Millenium KS-2010?

I ordered the k& m 18950 table stand but after one month they still did not send it. I am in Denmark. But already ordered the x stand so had a spare.

Now to avoid purchasing the rather expensive table and excessories ( well already got the boom arm and sheet holder for it, just not the table and notebook holder ordered elsewhere) how to proceed please?

Dino

Reaction score
Hi Gary

I also earlier had a z stand for my Cp5 and liked it: Sold it with the Cp5 as baid. But it sems more logical then to use the 18950 table with the tailor suited gear of which I now have some.

Thing is I have the x stand and can stillreturn the note holder amd mic boom arm. Assaid my table never arrived. Sowanted to go for the x stand since Moxf8 is light.

Logically I'd deduct that there is no commercial solution to the x stand: Just solutions for vertical squared pipes, or using a vertical adapter in extention from the horisontal squared tubes of the z stand. The x is not vertical so probably no solution, unless there is gear to stick into the round tubes of the x stand?

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Like I said, the parts are all univesal. They would work on a round tube just as well as a square tube.

That being said, however, I would worry about attaching too much to an X Stand and making the entire rig topheavy and unstable.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yes, also the issue with little space for the legs. Well I use the double x stand so it carries up to 50 kg I think.

You know another solution I thought of was to use my Lucas Nano (maybe 420 or so) monitors and attach the holders to those. Those are upright round tubes. I guess thats whats needed right:cool: I can place them close to the keyboard. See photo. Only thing left to consider is: What about the note sheet holder??. Can I also attach that one to one of those nano tubes. Luckily thanks to the subwoofer, functioning as well as a stand of one of the satellite speaker, I can attach heavier stuff onto it I think. :)

Attachments

• Moxfx8 setup 161.jpg
    Moxfx8 setup 161.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 302

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A couple of thoughts.

1) Attaching the mics to the monitors might result in some acoustic feedback.

2) Those monitor stands don't look stable enough to hold a sheet music holder.

You might be better off just buying a separate mic stand and attaching the sheet music holder directly to it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KM11520BK

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yes the right pin as you see is rooted in the subwoofer that weighs 8-10 kg. so Should be stable. I have a mic stand (photo) but thought a mic boom arm would be more practical. SO I am thinking to attach the laptop holder and note sheet holder to the right speaker pole. THen stick with the mic stand as usual. The problem is that the mic stand is damn unstable with its 3 feet/tripod (like the Tom Cruise Alien film ;)). So attaching a holder to it...don't think so.

So what's left is to see if I can attach the mic boom arm to some extention going from one of the X - stands horizontal tubes (which would mean I would have to take off the rubber stop (if any adaptor exists on the market). I might recall a rack to attach to it which might be used for either a note holder, or the vertical rack tube for a mic boom arm perhaps.

Of course weeks ago I looked at Google images and this is where I think I saw an x stand with a rack (for putting another keyboard on top). I remember that I saw one rack where they said a plate for note holder could be placed on it and perhaps be used for a light weight laptop as well.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You'd practically have to move the subwoofer and right monitor to the center of the keyboard though. Those clamp on holders don't have a lot of reach, and if you overload them, say with a thick sheet music book, they're probably gonna tip right over.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yes the subwoofer is rather narrow on one side so I could turn it 90 degrees. Its like a rectangle. This way won't tip too easily. Yes the length of those holders is of course an issue. With regards to the laptop holder I see this needs to be close to one on the right (or left). But then the loudspeaker pole will be remote to the center and thus useless as a sheet holder.

Perhaps I need to look into that Rack thing using the horizontal tubes of the X stand.

Else I will have to go back to the K&M 18950 table. Just wished I could save money and have the light weight X stand instead.

For sound quality (and space) reasons I prefer to have the loudspeaker stands further apart than at the center.

Reaction score
I forgot to add this finding: https://www.aliexpress.com/af/360-Degree-Phone-%26-Microphone-Stand-Mount-Set.html?d=y&origin=n&blanktest=0&jump=afs&initiative_id=SB_20180205140554&isViewCP=y&catId=0

If somewhat longer it would have suited me. I thought that if I had had money I would have produced something longer, apt for any keyboard stand. I have plenty of ideas any moment but never the money to carry them out/materialize them. 1996 I had the idea of Jungle speed (Guarana) but not the money but someone else took my idea. You know how much money they earned??? I have had many such ideas but had to struggle with home issues (wife).

To have money is often a matter of focus. Mine hasn't been on money. I am a M. Sc. in Engineering, chemistry, but battled with giant health issues since childhood (12 chronical diseases of which several grave, and as a holistic healer I know they were due to emotional hurt). On top of that toxic women (thanks to my non limiting friendly personality (being like a turt to a flie, to such sociopaths)), a divorce and a feministic danish society (including the brainwashed men) thinking men are all at guilt. Jihaaaa.

Everything is connected. I am not generalizing. The generalization lies in people believing they need to copy society and be alike. Don't! Turn off the tv and be real. :confused:

As long as we can make our gear set up work then that's great. You don't need the action film tonight ;) Well I do, as an escape from the false reality as represented by the medias. Prefer the tailor suited false reality.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Why not just take a couple of u clamps and clamp a sheet of plywood to your X stand and use that option?

You'll save a bundle on a tabletop stand and then you'll be able to clamp whatever Rube Goldberg contraption your heart desires to your X stand.

You might even want to clamp some extra weight or a platform to the feet of the stand just to keep it steady.

All this assuming of course that you are keeping the rig at home and not going out gigging with it of course. In that case, all bets are off.

Actually I use a piece of laminated shelving clamped to one of my X stands in my studio to hold a couple of drum machines and as long as I'm not going anywhere with it it works just fine.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for helping. :) Well regarding clamping something to the feet of the stand it sounds like I should invest in something stable.

Actually I think the x stand is a nuisance when sitting down as we do.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. Everyone carries personal baggage thru life and we all feel the need to vent every now and then.

Your written English is excellent for a Dane btw.

My own heritage is German and my father's family originally traces back its roots to Denmark :D

I speak German and French though, no Danish. :(

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Oh interesting. I will just add that I said sorry for the long winding remark but evidently deleted it meanwhile you were writing. COuldn't escape truth hahaha.

Thank you very much for your appraisal. I am very international myself. I don't speak very well french but a fluent italian and a basic spanish, once fluent (16 years ago). I used to be very fluent in german and germans thought me to be german or if speaking with an austrian who I shared apartment with in Finland, they after a week of listening to him, thought I must be Austrian. I have a good ear. Also spoke POrtuguese or rather understood most after 2-3 months in brasil. The foreigners used me as their spokesperson since I was that fast.

Thanks again

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's some photos of my setup just to give you a better idea of what I am driving at.

This was a very simple shelf to rig up and it's been working for me for two years now.

x-table-1.jpg
x-table-2.jpg
x-table-3.jpg
x-table-4.jpg

Just a simple angle bracket to keep it in place but you could screw on a U fitting if you wanted it to be more secure.

Then clamp the Music and mic and tablet stands anywhere you'd like :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
By "notebook" are you referring to laptop computer? I haven't heard that term in a while, so maybe you're just talking about a spiral bound, not sure.

In any case, I used to use both a laptop tray and mic boom on my QuikLok Z stand. But my "new" Arturia Keylab88 has a builtin laptop tray, so I just use that instead, but I still use the mic boom all the time and it's glorious. The Keylab also has a builtin sheet music stand, but I never use that because I keep all my charts (and performance notes) on my laptop screen. All master controllers should have a builtin laptop tray, it's so incredibly convenient!

I don't know much about On Stage, at the time I was shopping for a stand QuikLok had a lot more attachment accessories, but they've quietly discontinued a lot of products (the rep didn't even know which ones). I love my Z-71ALU stand, but it and all it's accessories are mysteriously gone... they're listed, but never in stock, and the reps haven't even been informed as to why. For my two-tier setup (which I only use for a few shows), I have a Hercules X stand. That's an instrumental band, though, so I don't need a mic, and I found that I can put my Seaboard Rise49 on the second tier and still be able to fit my laptop on the keylab underneath, so no need for laptop attachment. I even ordered the K&M stand mentioned above, but it's sitting unopened in the box.

Ask a Question